Want To Start An Internet Work From Home Company -- But Can't Get Started?
4 Ways To Save Time Organizing Your Content--With Ease!
Want to get started on writing content for your Internet Work from Home Business? Then do the following:
Organize Content Based on Your Visitors’ Needs
Organizing content based on your visitors’ needs is a must for managing your home business website. Your essential plan of your navigation links should be arranged in one of these 4 ways:
- by subject (topics, life events)
- by task or service
- by audience (or visitor) group
- by any combination of these factors
Navigation by company’s organizational makeup has historically been less effective for web users. So don’t arrange your links that way.
You should know your visitors and communicate with them regularly to keep up with their wants and needs. Organize your content based on their feedback and other research.
Why It’s Important
- Usability tests and customer satisfaction reviews show that most web visitors are familiar with navigating websites by subject, services, or audience (visitors).
- Focus groups and other feedback indicate that web surfers don’t know--nor do they care to know--how an internet work from home company is organized. Their primary task is to get the information and/or services they want.
- Creating your site’s navigation according to your organizational makeup is not the best way to design a website for visitors.
- Anyone in cyberspace is a potential part of your visitor or customer base. So your website should be organized in ways that help people use it to the fullest.
- Organizing content by subject, service, or audience -- or any combination of these factors -- can help you make your website more capable, fitting, and useful to the public. It demonstrates that you’re talking with your customers and hearing what they need.
How to Carry it Out
- Use a number of methods to figure out the best way to package and present information for visitors and your customers. See the “getting to know your visitors” page for examples of how to do this.
- Once you know your visitors’ favorite methods for navigating your site, it’s necessary to then build an overall organizational structure for your site. This can also be referred to as your “site design“.
- Some websites focus on special audiences, such as specific business partners or other groups or organizations. In those cases, using an organizational structure as a secondary navigation may be desirable – if those intended audiences are familiar with that structure.
- Because visitors' needs change, testing and analysis should be an ongoing part of your plans.
For more "Internet Work from Home" tips, return to the Internet Biz page.
Return to the Great Home Based Business Ideas home page.